Decorative Grille, Vent Cover, or Return Air Register. Made of Urethane Resin to fit over a 8''x8'' duct or opening. Total size of vent is 10”x10''x3/8'', for wall & ceiling grilles (not for floor use)
Decorative Grille, Vent Cover, or Return Air Register. Made of Urethane Resin to fit over a 8''x8'' duct or opening. Total size of vent is 10”x10''x3/8'', for wall & ceiling grilles (not for floor use) by Beaux-Artes, Ltd. at N Online Agency. MPN: RR-209 08x08. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This grille is an American Classic, made after the end of the Civil War in Brooklyn New York from 1865 to 1922. Due to the fine detail they were cast in the lost wax method, rather than the less expensive but grainy sand casting. Their quality and detail soon attracted the eye of Andrew Carnegie, America's first half-billionaire. Starting in 1886, his philanthropy period, he built 1,689 ''Carnegie Libraries'' all over the USA. Most all these libraries were built in the Beaux-Arts style of
Product Description & Reviews
This grille is an American Classic, made after the end of the Civil War in Brooklyn New York from 1865 to 1922. Due to the fine detail they were cast in the lost wax method, rather than the less expensive but grainy sand casting. Their quality and detail soon attracted the eye of Andrew Carnegie, America's first half-billionaire. Starting in 1886, his philanthropy period, he built 1,689 "Carnegie Libraries" all over the USA. Most all these libraries were built in the Beaux-Arts style of architecture and used these grilles exclusively for heating and ventilation purposes. They were also bought for fine homes everywhere. Today, this Arts & Crafts style grille can be used as return air registers, supply vents, vent covers, speaker grilles, radiator grilles, crawl space grilles and more. They are specifically designed for wall and ceiling installation, but not for floor use. They are cast from industrial quality urethane resin, which faithfully reproduces the details of the originals. In addition Urethane resin is impervious to water and can be used in damp or wet locations, such as a decorative cover for your bathroom exhaust fan, or in and around an indoor swimming pool. Steel grilles will soon rust in either location. In addition resin grilles will not vibrate and make high pitched noises like metal returns, so use to reduce or eliminate the noise issues of metal grilles. As for finishes, we developed an in-house technique to infuse metallic powders into the front surface of the mold prior to casting, resulting in a cold-fused metallic-plated surface, which is virtually maintenance free. Available finishes are, Rubbed Bronze, Antique Brass, Pewter, Old Wood, Dark Bronze, Nickel, Antique Cherry and Black. We also suggest painting your duct-work behind the grille with flat black paint, before installation. Pre-drilled screw-holes and all necessary hardware are provided to make installation easy. We currently offer these style grilles in 63 different sizes.
Features & Highlights
- Incredible three dimensional detail of grille (see expanded view), not just hole punched sheet metal. Our urethane resin cast grilles are equal in surface quality to Investment casting or lost wax casting quality at a fraction of the cost. Much superior to the rough and grainy looking surfaces of cast iron or cast aluminum grilles.
- Maintenance free, you should not have to re-finish, remove rust, corrosion or mold for life of our exterior grade urethane resin grilles. Can be used in damp or wet locations, like exteriors, bathrooms, kitchens and indoor swimming pools or the other rooms on the same HVAC system as the pool room. Frequently used to replace unattractive exhaust fan covers in bathrooms.
- Easy installation, Pre-drilled screw holes and all necessary hardware provided. Our grilles are flat on the back, with no protrusion that needs to fit into the duct-work. Just place over duct, level and screw in. See attached "spec sheet" with drawing, measurements, Material Technical Data on resin, plus Free Air Flow and other information.
- Our grilles will also reduce or eliminate the irritating high pitched noise problems often found with stamped steel louvered return grilles. Urethane resin grilles will not vibrate and make noise like metal grilles do. Use our grilles to replace noisy high pitched metal return grilles, your ears will be glad you did.
- Arts & Crafts Style Grille; historic reproduction of possibly the best looking grille ever made in USA, Circa 1870's Use to replace old louvered grilles for wall & ceiling only (not for floors). Meets U.S. Government's General Services Administration code #1501003S standards for Historic Preservation Guidelines, for grilles in historic buildings. Use these grilles in new homes that want the traditional look or historic homes that need to preserve their vintage character.
Registers, Grilles & Vents
0.3 x 10 x 10 inches
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
By SABA Home Decor
mpn: IC001, ean: 0080687031825,
mpn: A1, ean: 0720260606032,
By SABA Home Decor
mpn: A1, ean: 0720260606230,